This unique African Art Safari is suitable for all artists and art enthusiasts from absolute beginners to the experienced artists.
This Paradise for both landscape and wildlife enthusiasts (adventures) can be enjoyed by artists and their companions alike.
- Absolute beginners will learn from scratch while advanced Artists will benefit from learning new techniques and trying new mediums.
- Bask in luxury surroundings while stimulating your visual tastebuds and inspiring your paint brush.
- Breathe in the amazing, deep crimson colours of sunrises & listen to the sounds of Africa as you cruise down the Zambezi.
- Enjoy a local coffee on your private balcony while taking in your vast tranquil surroundings.
- All-inclusive FIVE STAR safari, you will be taken care of from start to finish by attentive staff
- Entice tastebuds as you enjoy organic local flavours that compliment your experience.
- Be one of only a few that get the Rare opportunity to meet a traditional community. Enjoy an amazing opportunity to observe villagers in their natural environment, as they go about their day to day routine. This would make for some exciting sketches.
- Try local distilled products or order you favourite cocktail as you partake in an art workshop or learn a new technique.
- Known for its abundance and variety of wildlife, this out of the ordinary art safari will give unique opportunities to benefit seeing the majestic wildlife from a closeup and personal perspective; while always maintaining/being in a safe & secure environment.
- Breathtaking scenery while Watching wildlife frolic in their natural habitat is a memory that will last forever.
- You will be spoilt by options suitable for artists and companions alike.
- With an array of subjects and activities to choose from you can choose your unique personal activities to experience rare majestic Africa at its finest.
- Activities to suit how much relaxation you would like to intersperse with more active options.
- Sights and sounds at its most magical
- Choice of subjects
- Non-artists welcome
- Perfect 4 singles and families or friends traveling together
- Choice of single cabin or opportunity to share
- Relax or active your choice
- You choose your options leisure and relaxation or active birdwatching and fishing
- Plenty of options for non-artists partners
Most sketching on safari will be done in pencil, pen and other dry materials with the aim of completing as many sketches as possible of different species. Watercolour and other materials are more suitable for finishing off your artwork back on-board.
We know that some guests like to watch the sunrise as they sip on their coffee while others like to take a more leisurely approach. That is why this art safari is your art, your way. After an art lesson at Breakfast to help with technique or learn new ways of sketching the wildlife, we let you choose your morning activities, depending on the type of subject you’re searching for.
The Chobe National Park is home to an abundance of elephants. In fact, it’s the densest population on the African continent – estimated at approximately 120 000. you’ll have ample opportunity to see these magnificent creatures in their natural surrounds. From drinking their fill of water on the banks to bathing in the cooling waters, these are incredible wildlife experiences you won’t encounter anywhere else. The Park is also home to a large number of buffalos, leopard and lion, along with a variety of antelope and birdlife, which can be viewed from the houseboats or on motorised tender boats that venture into the narrower waterways.
You can choose to stay onboard and do several different sketches of both wildlife and landscape. Or join TEACHER a tender boat, who will give personal advice on how best to sketch these magnificent creatures up close and personal.
Because of its unique geographic location, the game viewing and birdwatching in and around the Game Lodge is second to none. Plus, you can get up close and personal with the wildlife as you glide towards them silently on the tender boats.
ACTIVITIES TO CHOOSE FROM
Guided Fishing (catch and release basis) The tiger fish is Africa’s great river sport fish and provides thrilling fun for those looking for an adrenaline surge. It is also a great excuse to spend a few hours peacefully on the waterways watching the birds, hippos and crocs at play. All fishing equipment (conventional and fly), bait and fishing licences are supplied.
Guided Birding is a must for all enthusiasts as this region is home to over 400 species of birds. So, grab your birding supplies and our incredibly knowledgeable guides will be happy to accompany you.